Effective June 21, 2019, all visitation will take place via video.
Upon intake, all residents are required to submit a list of potential visitors to their Case Manager. This list must include full name, address, telephone number, age and relationship of each potential visitor. This list will be submitted only once. The CBCF reserves the right to deny any prospective visitor. Visitors must be approved prior to the first scheduled visit.
Special visits can be arranged for clergy, attorneys, etc. during normally scheduled times. Arrangements/requests for special visits or professional visits should be made through the assigned Case Manager.
All onsite adult visitors are required to provide valid Driver's License or State ID. A birth certificate verifying maternity or paternity is required for all minor children visiting CBCF residents.
Video visitation available during times determined by the facility to no interfere with the regularly scheduled programming at the facility. Those blocks of time are available on a first come, first served basis to approved visitors.
Each resident is limited to two half hour visits per week.
1. Only persons who have been approved as a visitor may visit. Visitors may only visit with the resident for whom they are approved.
2. All onsite adult visitors are required to provide valid Driver's License or State ID. A birth certificate verifying maternity or paternity is required for all minor children visiting CBCF residents. Onsite visitors may arrive to sign into the facility no more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled visitation.
3. Only two approved visitors can visit on site at a time, including children.
4. Onsite visitors 18 and over must show photo identification.
5. Visitors accompanying/supervising minor children of residents must provide birth certificate (s) verifying maternity/paternity.
6. Adults must accompany approved minor biological children to onsite visits. Appropriate behavior is expected of all visitors, including children.
7. Siblings under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit.
8. Offensive and loud language is not acceptable while in the CBCF
9. CBCF may limit visitation time as needed.
10. Visitors must dress appropriately and remain appropriately attired during visitation.
11. Residents are responsible for the actions of their visitors.
12. Visitors who do not follow these rules will be directed to leave the facility by staff on duty and this may result in loss of visiting privileges.
13. Visitors are prohibited from visiting while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
14. All visitors are subject to metal detector search and are required to empty their pockets before entering the visitation area. If illegal contraband is found during a search of a visitor, the contraband will be confiscated and law enforcement officials will be notified.
15. Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.126- No visitor shall knowingly possess, have under their control, convey or attempt to convey a concealed weapon or dangerous ordnance onto C.B.C.F. premises.
16. The grounds of the Lorain/Medina CBCF are tobacco free. All visitors are prohibited from carrying any tobacco product into the front entry area, administrative area, and visitation area. All personal tobacco products must be secured inside the visitor’s vehicle in the parking lot. Any visitor having tobacco products on their person will be asked to leave the facility and may be banned from this facility on a permanent basis.
17. Cell phones will not be permitted in the facility.